Dry White Wines
Savennières "Eclat de Schiste" 2019
Buy on our online store
- /tax incl. PU *exclusive price
- Vintage : 2019
- Volume : 75 CL
- Grape : Chenin Blanc
GUIDE HACHETTE 2023 2022
2 ETOILES ET COUP DE COEUR
- Manual harvest of Chenin, in several sorts of golden grapes, with a rigorous control of the sanitary state, to harvest healthy grapes on October 3, 2019 thanks to a systematic tasting of the grapes, followed by a long pressing before a meticulous settling at controlled temperatures of 12 to 15 ° c.
- 100% alcoholic fermentation in 400 liter barrels, after yeasting and rigorous monitoring of temperatures between 16 and 17 ° C, no malolactic fermentation to keep a little freshness.
- Aging in barrels with resuspension of the lees over several months, until bottling in spring 2021
A Sensory Experience
From the outset, the color dazzles: with its intensity and above all its Yellow - Gold shades with green reflections, signs of a beautiful youth and an unfolding development.
The nose delivers two complementary faces: first, that of a Chenin perfectly harvested at maturity with aromas of ripe yellow fruits (peaches, apricots, plums, quinces) paired with just a few stewed notes. Then the olfactory aromas of oak bring depth and complexity to sweet spices (vanilla ...), dried fruits (almonds) and empyreumatic notes.
On the attack, the palate is velvety, an impression reinforced by the sweetness of the wood and the maturity of the grapes ... Then the natural acidity of the Chenin brings a touch of freshness and great elegance, lengthening the end of tasting for many pairings with noble dishes.
Wine and Food Matching
After decanting, its aromatic complexity and taste balance will allow it to be consumed as an aperitif but also to combine many dishes with:
- Smoked and raw fish
- Noble fish or shellfish (lobsters, lobsters, langoustines ...) accompanied by a creamy reduction sauce,
- Many white meats (Veal, Poultry, rabbit) with cream sauces, sweetbreads… Pan-fried or half-cooked foie gras
- White pudding with truffles...
- Hard cheeses (Comté of 24 or 36 months maturing, old mimolette ...)
This wine, very pleasant already, will favorably evolve over 10 years minimum.
Dry White Wines